Are you a Veteran or the spouse of a Veteran who needs help paying for home care?

You may be eligible for the Aid and Attendance and Housebound Improved Pension benefit from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Many families with Veterans or surviving spouses who need regular assistance with activities of daily living are unaware of the Aid and Attendance Pension benefit, which can help fund professional home care services. Home Care Assistance can walk you through the process to apply for this compensation.

Potential Pension Amounts:

  • Up to $1,176 per month to a surviving spouse
  • Up to $1,830 per month to a veteran
  • Up to $2,169 per month to a couple​ were only one of them is a veteran
  • Up to $2,902 per month to married veterans

*Figures are from the Veteran’s Administration as of 1/1/2018

What documents will you need?

  • Veteran discharge papers (specifically form DD-214 is preferable)
  • Marriage license
  • If applying as a surviving spouse then a copy of the veteran’s death certificate will be necessary
  • Most recent Social Security award letter
  • Financial account statements

Are there income and asset limits?

Yes, but these vary based on many different factors (age, type of asset, how much is being spent on health care costs, etc.). Home Care Assistance can look over your specific situation to help you determine whether you would meet the criteria.

Click here or call (512) 623-7800 to schedule a free in-home consultation.